January 15. 2021, 12:35 AM [ v5.5.3]
- Players can now return to their Estates if they leave one of their Doodles in another District.
- Toons can now freely change their clothing in some cases when it did not work.
- Improved German translation. (added translations for new items)
February 01. 2021, 11:17 AM [ v5.5.4]
- A new redeemable code has been added! Use the code FREEREWRITE to receive a free Toon rewrite until February 15th!
- Overhauled the rewrite character in Peaceful Park.
- It is now possible to take off all your accessories using the Accessory Trunk in your estate once again!
- You can no longer see other Toons while rewriting your Toon in Peaceful Park.
- You will no longer fall asleep while rewriting your Toon.
- Skelecogs are now counted towards your Cog Gallery statistics.
- Clarabelle's button now shows up properly on the screen.
- Fixed district crash related to estates.
- Fixed game-breaking server crash related to in-game holidays.
February 06. 2021, 06:46 PM [ v5.5.5]
- The most recent district crashes introduced by the last update have been fixed!
- Corrected a few grammatical typos in the Rewrite Shop.
February 08. 2021, 01:11 AM [ v5.5.6]
- Removed ticket unites from the CFO.
- Removed silly sweets from holiday bag rewards.
February 13. 2021, 10:18 PM [ v5.5.7]
- New Valentoon's Day attire has been added! Use the code LOVEBUG to receive our SPECIAL Valentoon's Day pack, containing a sweet new Valentoons outfit, three new Heart Candy packs and three new Valentoons themed slippers!
March 14. 2021, 05:54 PM [ v5.5.8]
- New translations have been added to the German translation.
- Improved game support tools.
No release notes were released for April.
May 01. 2021, 10:32 PM [ v5.5.9]
- Pressboot Headquarters is back for April Toons this year!
- Added a few new support tools for our team! Toons will benefit from better support from our Resistance Rangers.
May 01. 2021, 10:33 PM [ v5.5.10]
- Fixed a few district crashes related to parties.
- Fixed district crashes related to estates.
May 06. 2021, 08:31 PM [ v5.6.0]
- The Welcome Valley district has been reworked to more closely resemble its Toontown Online counterpart.
- The Cattlelog item delivery and gift delivery system has been completely reworked! Deliveries should be more stable now.
- Item deliveries now only take up to a minute, compared to hour long waits!
- The options page in the Shticker Book has been slightly updated.
- Reworked invasion display on the District Page!
- Added missing 60 FPS animations to all in-game characters.
- The elevator timer is no longer reset if a Toon hops off more than once.
- Removed some words from the chat blacklist.
- Added some words to the chat blacklist.
- Silly Meter sounds are no longer extraordinary loud.
- The Day and Night cycle is now limited to Toon states only.
- Text scrolling is now smoother on the group panel.
- Guild leaders can now disband their Guild by leaving the Guild.
- New messages are now available to tell you exactly why your Cog Summon has failed.
- Rewriting a Toon now temporarily moves your Toon into a different area as to not bother others rewriting their Toon.
- In case a screenshot fails to save, a message will now pop up on the screen telling you why.
- We've temporarily disabled the News Page as it is undergoing renovation.
- Fixed the Lost Central wandering Toon dialog!
- Fixed an error in Field Office cutscenes.
- Display regions are no longer left on the screen after opening kart and fishing pages.
- Fixed the "Avoid the Skulls" laser minigame finishing other laser minigames.
- Fixed a potential crash with trampolines.
- Resolved a few issues with weather.
- Flower bean combinations will now disappear correctly from the screen after closing the dialog.
- Fixed crash when trying to play Field Office games in Peaceful Park.
- Resolved an issue with Toon eyes.
- We've moved a stray treasure in the Estate to a more fitting location.
- We've fixed some edge cases with item recovery ToonTasks.
- Fixed problem allowing Toons to leave the tutorial using the Guild Panel.
June 23. 2021, 10:16 AM [ v5.6.1]
- Teleport access changes now propagate instantaneously in the Sticker Book.
- New Spin-related SpeedChat phrases have been added!
- Improved virtual machine detection (less false positives to be expected)
- Street maps now work properly in Welcome Valley.
- Rewritten holiday NPC system to work with Welcome Valley.
- Teleporting to a shop while in Welcome Valley brings you to the corresponding Welcome Valley shop.
- The Cog Gallery has been re-implemented!
- Re-implemented the Silly Meter backend server code!
- Adjusted the scale of icons on the special vendor GUI.
- Lawbot Field Offices now have proper difficulties set in Peaceful Park.
- Treasures now appear properly in Toontown Central, Welcome Valley.
- Localized the "All" word in the Inventory.
- Temporary teleport access is now properly taken away after temporarily being granted during holidays.
- Fixed the 'Back to Cog HQ' button in Cog Facilities.
- Fixed issue that disabled keys such as Shift.
- Fixed estate house not appearing if a Toon doesn't own it.
- Fixed some typos causing experience multipliers for holidays to not be applied correctly.
- Fixed some issues with the Silly Meter in Welcome Valley.
- Ticket icon will no longer look too big on special vendors.
- Fixed district page not refreshing upon opening Sticker Book.
July 02. 2021, 01:53 AM [ v5.6.2]
- Lord Lowden Clear is now back in Sellbot HQ! Enjoy Storm Sellbot!
- Storm Sellbot has extended for another week, until the 12th of July!
- Fixed Cog HQ teleport access disappearing on its own.
- Fixed mailbox rewards from ToonTasks not being sent properly sometimes.
August 10. 2021, 10:12 AM [ v5.6.3]
- Trolley Tracks are back!
- Implemented a scrapped tie breaking mechanic in Trolley Tracks.
- Minigames can still be skipped during Trolley Tracks, but a warning will be shown.
- Weather is now inactive in the Trolley and in races.
- Revamped temporal holiday system.
- Improved racing controls slightly.
- Doodles won't leave the estate when going to a different area of the estate.
- Improved classic character walking.
- Fixed an issue causing classic characters to have transparent sleeves sometimes.
- Fixed issues with fish tank items.
- Fixed a district reset related to closets.
- Toons will now be sent replacement closets, trunks or banks if these furniture items are accidentally deleted.
- Bowling Place has been removed temporarily.
August 10. 2021, 10:17 AM [ v5.6.4]
- Happy 4th of July! Use the code STARSANDSTRIPES to receive a new 4th of July outfit!
- Fixed issues with automatic bank/closet/trunk replacement.
August 10. 2021, 10:23 AM [ v5.6.5]
- Golf and racing trophy requirements have been adjusted! It should take less races and golf courses to max each activity now.
- Added replacement phones if you somehow lose your phone.
- House exteriors will now automatically change if you buy a new house exterior while a friend is outside.
- Localized a few German strings.
- Improved position storing for furniture items.
- Fixed a district crash related to gifting items.
- Fishing speed hacks have been patched.
- Invalid items and non-furniture items no longer generate as furniture.
- Fixed issues with house generation.
- Fixed an issue with ToonTask teleportation.
- Fixed an issue where the entire world would disappear during the end of a Jungle Vines minigame.
- Reward crates will no longer play the 'poof' effect when exiting, only when opening them.
- Fixed issues with Actor deletion.
- Fixed ToonTask givers not allowing other Toons to talk to them after interaction.
- Miscellaneous code cleanup.
August 10. 2021, 10:28 AM [ v5.6.6]
- Party activities have been reworked behind the curtains.
- Refunds are now given for parties that were never started.
- Localized missing Photo Fun minigame in German.
- Toons that have a missing garden are now given one automatically.
- Adjusted an incorrect damage multiplier during the Bossbot C.E.O.
- Fixed the orientation of the crate key item image.
- Scrapped Lawbots Lose outfits without textures are no longer obtainable from Reward Crates.
- Fixed various bugs with the Cog and Building radars.
August 23. 2021, 10:31 PM [ v5.6.7]
- Fixed an issue with the Lawbot C.J. fight that would prevent Toons from doing any damage to the C.J.
August 23. 2021, 10:37 PM [ v5.6.8]
- ToonTasks prompting you to talk to a HQ Officer or Tailor now take you to a random shopkeeper based on your location during teleportation.
- Added a Toon Tip about the weather squirt boost Gag benefit.
- The "invalid color" message during Toon rewrite is now replaced with a "color not allowed" message.
- Toons exiting in the Field Office Barrel Room now result in the building being automatically reopened to be retaken.
- The Red Tape effect in the Lawbot Field Office now flashes when it's about to expire.
- Fixed a few Cog Radar issues.
- Fixed unresponsiveness during the Lawbot Field Office flying minigame.
- Fixed the Lawbot Field Office flying minigame lock-up that would happen after a Toon prematurely exited the game.
- Fixed a Field Office elevator crash.
- Fixed teleporting to an NPC outside a building.
- Exiting a pool of water will now position the options button correctly.
There were no release notes for September
October 19. 2021, 07:27 AM [5.7.0]
- The Districts page has been reworked! Unique information about a District, such as its invasion and preferred status, is now easier to read under a new consistent interface. District names are now colored, too, as an easy way to signify various aspects about the District. Is a Cog Invasion going on? The name will be grey! Is it a Safe District? The name will be green! A few other miscellaneous changes have also been made to the interface to improve the user experience.
- Another new feature related to Districts has been added- Bonuses! If a District is at Ideal population (at the moment, 20 Toons) at the top of the hour, it will gain a "bonus" effect for the following hour. The type of bonus is picked at random, and be continue to be randomized every hour so long as the District is still eligible. To start, there are five new bonus effects. Faster Sprint Speed, Improved Boss Rewards, Extra Laff Regen, Double Trophy Credit, and All Gags Organic. Please let us know what you think of this new feature! How do you like it? Do you think the bonuses are balanced? We would love to hear what you have to say.
- The "Busy" population state is a new state between Ideal and Full. The color for a Busy district is orange.
- You can now teleport to Toontown Central, Raceway Ridge, or Peaceful Park Golf Resort from the Districts Page.
- There is a new option that allows you to make your Shticker Book transparent.
- Speedy Street in Raceway Ridge has been completed! Previously, this street had many vacant buildings- all of which now have their own NPCs populating them. In addition, a bunch of miscellaneous bugs and graphical issues with the street have been fixed. We couldn't quite get in changes to Victory Lane yet, but expect those relatively soon!
- Alpine Alley has also been spruced up! The buildings on this street now have signs, and are occupied by new NPCs. A gazebo has also been added to the street, as a part of Toon Council renovations.
- Fluffy Farms playground has a received a minor graphical revamp! The playground should feel a lot more spacious than before as many buildings have been moved around. Some textures have been improved, too. Also, the signs on the tunnels now have more consistency. The theming as a whole has changed, too, resulting in a dusk atmosphere. You may not notice it at first due to the Halloween event currently happening, but later in November you will be able to check out the beauty of the updated Fluffy Farms. Treasures have been temporarily removed as Fluffy begins to invite new Doodles into the Farm! Expect to find a new and unique way of healing in Fluffy Farms soon.
- Tractor Trail, like the other streets, has been improved! Toons have moved into all of the buildings. A few other issues with the street have also been fixed.
- For the time being, Squash Street has closed down for construction.
- Peaceful Park has received some minor changes, including the removal of some buildings. You will also now encounter mole hills around the playground, which you can stomp on to spin in the air and get a handful of jellybeans while you're at it! Rumor has it, there may be some rumblings going on near the Halloween Town tunnel every so often while the Halloween Event is active.
- Halloween Town has received some minor updates. The street leading to it has been renamed to Risky Roadway. Risky Roadway now has a mix of both Lawbots and Bossbots, ranging from level 1 to 12. Yes, that's right! Even rank 7 and 8 Cogs can fly down onto this street. If you have a Toontask that requires a high level cog, Risky Roadway may be where to find a few! Lastly, the buildings in Halloween Town now have a purple and orange color scheme to better represent Halloween.
- A few new Speedchat phrases have been added in reference to Halloween Town.
- The Chat Log has been revamped! There are now four different tabs to categorize the types of messages being sent- Main, Whispers, Guild, and Toon HQ. You can also move the Chat Log around on the screen, resize by holding the right mouse button, or change opacity by middle clicking. Please let us know what you think of the new Chat Log, and if you have any suggestions for it.
- The time it takes to fall asleep is now 5 minutes, from 2 minutes.
- Adjusted the text on the Map Page slightly to look cleaner.
- Pressbots now have a unique color on the Cog Gallery.
- The "Summon a Cog" interface has been improved a lot, and looks much cleaner!
- The Megacorp V.P. now gives even better SOS cards on average.
- Nerfed the Throw and Squirt SOS cards.
- The health bar on a Cog's panel will now blink if the Cog is at low health.
- Cashbot HQ now has it's own courtyard theme.
- Lost Central now has it's own unique theme.
- The final round of the C.J. now has a new theme.
- Weather will now happen slightly less often.
- Doodles found in Funny Farms will now be slightly better on average than Doodles in Donald's Dreamland.
- The rain sound effect should loop slightly better.
- You should no longer crash when showing the results of Tug-O-War in Toon Parties.
- The Brrrgh Tag Game will no longer crash you.
- Made miscellaneous fixes to Toontasks involving Tailors and HQ Officers.
- Potentially fixed an error when applying Gag Multipliers after a battle has concluded.
- You should no longer be able to run into a whirlwind in a Lawbot Field Office just as you are finishing.
- Finishing the victory cutscene of a battle should no longer end that same cutscene early for other battles in the same zone.
- Boarding Groups have received various fixes and cleanup.
- You should no longer crash when editing furniture.
- A random Estate crash has been fixed.
- Miscellaneous cleanup.
October 19. 2021, 09:46 PM [5.7.1]
- You can now choose to wear clothing and accessories later when taking them out of your mailbox. Also, you can store furniture in the attic directly from the mailbox.
- Added a typewriter effect for the titles when entering a Boss Battle.
- Adjusted the NPC Toon in Megacorp C.J.
- Silly Saturday should now behave like it did in Toontown Online.
- The position of moles in Peaceful Park have been changed so you are less likely to spawn on top of one when teleporting to the playground.
- Toons Hit and Cogs Miss SOS cards should now distribute the effect to all targets at once, making the animation much faster.
- The game icon and cursor should once again show.
- Clicking on a Boss Cog no longer crashes.
- Tug-O-War no longer crashes.
- The new Cashbot HQ music should now play properly.
- A problem with closets has been fixed.
- Fixed issues with Cogs not spawning in certain areas.
- Cogs in a Boss Battle should no longer be affected by Skelecog invasions.
- Colliding with a mole in Peaceful Park should no longer mess up your camera upon landing.
October 22. 2021, 11:24 PM [5.7.2]
- The District Bonus system has received several improvements. You can now view detailed information about the current bonus by clicking on the button on the Districts page. When logging into the game, you will be notified if a bonus is currently active. Players online when the bonus starts, ends, or changes will also be notified. The Double Trophy Credit bonus has been changed to Triple Trophy Credit. The C.F.O., C.J., and C.E.O. will now give improved rewards during their respective bonus. Finally, a new bonus has been added called Building Bash. The Building Bash bonus will make Cog Buildings spawn slightly more often, and increases the multipliers you get while inside buildings.
- The population thresholds for Districts have been adjusted. It now take 20 Toons for Ideal, 80 for Busy, and 150 for Full.
- Throw and Squirt SOS cards can now do knockback damage.
- Slightly buffed the 3 and 4 star Throw and Squirt SOS cards.
- You can now see the value of an SOS right on it's card.
- Several improvements and fixes have been made in the Toontorial.
- The Chat Log's default size and position have been slightly modified. Remember, you can adjust these yourself by dragging to move, and holding+right clicking to resize!
- Fixed an issue preventing you from teleporting to a friend that was in a Busy District.
- A few issues related to incorrect Gag Multipliers have been fixed.
- You should no longer be able to lose clothing or accessories when sending them to the closet from your mailbox.
- District Bonuses should now change at the top of the hour like originally intended.
October 24. 2021, 10:40 PM [5.7.3]
- You can now delete your gags from the corresponding page in the Shticker Book.
- We take game balance very seriously at Tooniversal. Your feedback on the recent SOS card changes has been heard loud and clear. In our last update, we added knockback functionality to Throw and Squirt SOS cards as a way for them to re-gain some of the damage they lost. In today's update, we have added 30 more damage back to each of the Throw and Squirt cards. With this buff and knockback combined, the cards can now do more damage than before the original nerf. In the future, we may revisit the balance of SOS cards as a whole as we assess the game's balance. Next time, we will make sure to communicate our ideas with the players before pushing any of these updates live. Thank you for your understanding!
- The Gag EXP cap has been temporarily raised back to 1,000 as we continue to assess game balance.
- Explosive balls awarded from others solving puzzles in Cog Golf Courses will now be stored away instead of immediately available for use. You can use your explosive balls in your storage with the delete key.
- All Bosses should now give crate rewards.
- The District will no longer reset when hopping onto a Picnic Table.
- You will no longer be pulled into a Picnic Table against your will when another Toon hops onto it.
- Prevented a possible crash related to Mole Hills in Peaceful Park.
- The District Bonus announcement should no longer appear multiple times.
- Now only the Toon who stomps the mole in Peaceful Park will see the jellybean notification on their screen, instead of everyone in the Playground.
- A few minor quirks with the chat system have been fixed.
October 28. 2021, 04:45 PM [5.7.4]
- Various server lag issues have been fixed.
- You will no longer crash in the Cog Golf Minigame.
October 28. 2021, 04:46 PM [5.7.5]
- Cog Building spawning has been fixed.